Thursday, August 17, 2006

Its my Blogging Birthday!!!

Someone pointed out to me via email that I have almost been blogging for an entire year! August 23, 2005 was my first post, and here it is....August 2006. WOW, I really didn't know if I could keep this up for a year, but apparently I can.

I don't know if enough people read this to do this, but I have seen it done so I decided to give it a try.

Does anyone have a favorite few posts? I would love to know what you all (ya'll) enjoy reading.

Anything you wish I would post about?

Well.... Aside from that, please to enjoy my favorite incompetence encounter yesterday.

Setting: Macy's in Tysons Corner VA check out register.

Me: Getting about $200 worth of things rung up

Macy's Clerk (MC, because Macy's Employee, I just realized in ME, too confusing!): Apparently short on credit card application.

MC: Would you like to apply for a Macy's card and save 10%?

Me: No thanks, I already have a Macy's card, I would prefer to pay with my Visa.

MC: But if you sign up for a Macy's card you'll save $23 today!

Me: Thats OK, I already have a card :::beggining to swipe my Visa Debit Card::::

MC: Why wouldn't you want to save money? Just sign up for a Macy's card and you can save some money!

Me: I told you, I already have a card :::pulls out Macy's card from wallet and show clerk:::: so I *cannot* sign up for a new one, please let me ring through my card.

MC: Well, you can certainly pay however you like, but as I told you if you sign up for a Macy's card you will save $23, but apparently you don't like to save money, :::pulls out card application:::, now just fill this out and you'll be on your way.

Me: ARRRGHHH

Dear store clerks,

I understand how you feel. I worked in Sears in High School, we had to ask people that question. But if someone doesn't want one they don't want one. On top of which, you can only have one. If someone not only tells you they already have one but also shows it to you, please just press the magic button on your register to authorize my "real" credit card.

First Year (who picked all her crap and walked across the store to another register)

4 Comments:

Blogger LawNut said...

Happy Blog-versary!! :-)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

I know what you are doing!!!! you are making the &*%^(%$&*%#*^%$*&$^(&%^*)^%*)^($* aren't you?!!

LOL

I'll email you later.

:P

11:25 PM  
Blogger Susie Law School said...

That's hilarious. It really shocks me how mind-numbingly stupid people can be sometimes LOL

Happy Blawgaversary from London!

S.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

I would like to link my satan, er, I mean elmo post.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>