Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Don't Remember Acting Like This

So... I have been A/P Manager for a very short time period and I can honestly say I remember "where I came from" (mainly the Legal department where I belong!!!!). But I cannot imagine now, then, or in the future acting in the way that some of my co-workers and underlings act.

For example. Girly Girl ("GG"). I too love to wear makeup and heels, I don't hide my feminine side at work.....but I do not shove it in the face of everyone who comes near me.

GG can be found painting her nails at her desk, or giggling on the phone. Her cubicle is covered with pitcures of various "hot" guys from boy bands and American Idol, and she spends her day discussing her plans to get them to marry her.

She only writes on cutsy pink kitten post-its and only with a pink furry pen. And while originally she was sweet and simply a girly girl her voice now grates on my soul ("and like Justin will tooootally fall in love with me after he tastes the brownies I shipped him").

As another Example: Inappropriately Dressed Girl (IDG)- Since when does business professional mean flip-flops. Those types of shoes do not belong in an office. Please don't wear them. They make the most annoying noise when you flop your way down the hallway loudly snapping your gum. I can hear you coming a mile away, which just makes it harder for to pretend you didnt take a 3 hour lunch.

Of course the list of things that shock me as a manager are common, maybe missed by me. But I never remember looking at my boss and saying anything that started with, "well shit...." or saying "so what?" when told something was late.

maybe I just never noticed this sort of crappy behavior or maybe some people just dont how to act at work. Either way, I was surprised, then annoyed, and now its my source of amusement!

FY=

4 Comments:

Blogger Nut's mom said...

my my....

You know, I wear stillettos to work. it's not because I am a GG or anything... I do it because I am short!!! and yes, I DO have a complex about it! lol

seriously, you are waaaay mature beyond your years. that's good though.

10:56 AM  
Blogger LawNut said...

Oops!! I think I'm the girl wearing the flips, snapping her gum, and taking the three hour lunch...oh yea and I would totally dig the pink furry pen. :-)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Susie Law School said...

Just found your blog today and it has kept me very entertained!

The office stereotypes are totally universal!

Keep writing!

S.

3:47 PM  
Blogger The Platypus said...

"Either way, I was surprised, then annoyed, and now its my source of amusement!"

Welcome to the Dark Side.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>