Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Lonely Life of an Auditor

So, this is day 2 of my long overdue cycle at auditing our properties. Basically I drive to the property, pick up a giant staff of crap mainly relating to numbers (oh the numbers, how I longed to break free of you once entering law school, but it was not to be) and take them home to fuck with them and see if they are the same numbers I have back at the office.

I could go to the office to do this task, but CFO was nice enough to tell me I could stay home and do it. Well.... now I am lonely and bored at home, feel shut out from the outside world and feel a bit like a pariah at the properties, as they announce my arrival with "The auditor is here!".

You would think this was ideal, and I have worked entirely from home before, so I am used to it. But something about the summer, the close availablity of the pool, my vegetable garden full of ripe fruit and erratic weeds makes me fuck around all day only to realize the 9 hours of work I had to do has seeminly been forgotten.

So, I end up on the couch with my computer, the pile of numbers, my best friend (Quick Books Enterprise Edition) and a beer (well maybe like 7 beers) watching wife swap and hells kitchen.

As you can imagine, the auditing is coming along very well (well thats what I tell CFO).

I seriously need to get out of the house, too bad I have both todays and half of yesterday's work to do before I am allowed out to be free with the rest of society.

First Year (the shut in)

2 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

I don't think the beer is going to help your work along any, Firsty.

12:36 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>