Monday, August 21, 2006

Something Sad

So, I have some not so great "big" news, I am not going back to school this fall, I am defferring my enrollment until the spring semester. Mr. First Year was extremely ill about a month ago, has not yet returned to work, so I cannot afford to be a student and still pay rent and eat.

I am really pretty depressed and down about the decision. I know its not the end of the world, but at the moment it really feels as if it might be.

So, I will try to write about something legally minded during my hiatus from school, but in reality this blog will probably include more accounting/life stories.

Please, no nasty comments this is really hard on me to begin with.

Thanks :(

First Year-

9 Comments:

Blogger LawNut said...

FY - I'm SO sorry that Mr. has been so sick and that you've had to make this decision; but you're right, it's not the end of the world, and you will return in the spring ready to keep conquering the law world! My thoughts are with you!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Susie Law School said...

Honey I'm sorry to hear that too. But you will be all the more determined when you do go back. Its only six months and it will fly by.

I hope Mr First Year gets better!

S.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Law-Rah said...

Oh man, I am sorry. However, you have to do what you have to do. Law school is not going anywhere. Your man needs you:-)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

always an email a way if you need it...

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jed Sorokin-Altmann said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, my friend. We will be ready and waiting for you at school upon your return. You have my real e-mail address, right? Please-let me know if there's anything I can to help out....

8:29 AM  
Blogger LawStudentGuyPerson said...

Damn, I can't imagine how bad that must be. I know it probably feels like your plan is falling apart, but don't worry, you can make it up. And I'd be willing to bet employers will not think less of you for taking a semester off in an effort to put food on the table.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear this, but it really is a mere bump in the road that will make no difference to your eventual career. It shouldn't even come up during interviews when you're a 3L or beyond, and frankly I wouldn't even bother bringing it up at all (in your resumes, at interviews, etc). Taking time away from law school has its advantages too and can be a good thing.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Sansserif said...

Hey, sorry to hear that. We'll be waiting for you when you make it back. Hope your man fully recovers. Meanwhile, enjoy not reading Con Law!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

I know of lots of people who take a semester off law school, for family concerns, to have a kid, etc. May suck but you'll totally get through it. Thoughts with you.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>