Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thats not OK to say....

I think that some people at my work place could use some sensitivity training, particular the older folks, who (hopefully) come from a different place or time.

I was in the office yesterday afternoon overseeing the delivery of a giant crap load of documents that I scurried home with to use for my own evil purposes. Below is the conversation between me and Older Office Lady (OOL)

OOL: What a polite young man (refering to the delivery person).

Me: Yes, he seems nice.

OOL: And what nice speech for a black person!

Me: ummm..... excuse me?

OOL: Well, you know how they usually talk, this one talks like a proper white person.

Me: Umm.... :::walking away:::

Fellow office slaves.... just because you're white and I am white doesn't mean we're "in this together", don't poke me and make rude racial/religous/ect comments. Not only can that get you in trouble, its also extremely rude, outdated, and just plain shitty. Below, please enjoy other gems:

OOL: WOW.... That one speaks english, they never bother to do that.

Mailroom ass: (refering to the spanish cleaning lady asking to use our restroom) Hahahaha maybe if she was white!

Random Fileroom Girl: (refering to a new hire who is :::gasp::: black) Well at least he's not like his "brothers" and probably won't rob us.

Excuse me people???? We are at WORK, please be a racist asshole on your own time. Theres nothing wrong with black, hispanic, white, albanian, gay, old, young, etc people. They are shitty people of all varieties, we are not in a "secret club of white", because let me let you in on a secret, I don't believe the Klan will let me joing since I am Jewish. Though seriously, we're not working at the white nationalist foundation, maybe you need to get your resume to them?

Thanks for hearing the rant :)

First Year-

Side not to a poster (who I deleted, congradulations it's the first) named "second year" who apparently just made a blogger acount to be an asshole to me. Fuck you, what kind of asshole would respond to my previous post by telling me I deserved for my boyfriend to almost fucking die? Sorry, no matter what I did/didn't do (its a blog btw) to insinuate that I brought this on this or that it was payback for my actions is truly disgusting. Go fuck yourself. You are a fucking coward.

ETA: No second year, a coward is not just someone who says nothing, it also includes someone like you who makes up an account simply to harass someone, without any possibility of repercussion. Send me an email and we can discuss, keep off of my blog. (firstyearorlast@gmail.com)
Sorry for the rest of you, it just made me furious.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

People can be real jerks sometimes. "Second Year" is probably leading a miserable life and gets his kicks making others feel bad. Incidentally, how do you delete comments? I want to delete one on my own blog but can't figure out how. I'm technologically incompetent of course.

PS I hope your boyfriend gets better soon :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger josh said...

dc is kind of in the south, though that does surprise me a little as i know the city is generally more liberal. i had similar experiences when i spent a year in sc, only there it was almost culturally acceptable to be racist. i hated it. i got out. i miss many of the good friends i made down there, but the outside culture was not for me.

besides, i'd much rather mock those who deserve it, like the handicapped :P

11:34 AM  
Blogger LawNut said...

Second Year sounds like a real piece of crap. Blogging is not a forum that welcomes insults, just civilized, intelligent discussion!! UGH!!!

And about these workers - WOW. It makes me SO sad to hear these things and witness them on occaision myself (although when I was at Cubicle Hell I think everyone around me was too well-versed in my high level of Liberalism to make too many comments like that - LOL). Honestly, what is wrong with people? Why can't they see how disgusting stereotypes are?? Hopefully our generation can be the one that changes things, and realizes that diversity is a POSITIVE thing!!

ps - I hope Second Year is done harrassing you, I don't want him/her to discourage you from blogging!!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

ban him. I don't know how but the folks at blogger do.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>