Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering....

In light of it being September 11 I hope we all remember the tragedy that happened 5 years ago.

Personally, I was a freshman in a DC university and the day was terrifying. When I see a plane fly over 395 near the Pentagon my heart still speeds up and I panic a little bit. Seeing a crowd of people all rushing in one direction and walking against them still makes me wonder if there is something I am missing, or if maybe I should run the other way. I still have a fear that my death is going to come at the hands of some sort of incident, terrorism related or otherwise. However, the iminent fear of something bad happening is over, but I will also not be leaving the house today.

Maybe I have a problem, but I am not sure its worth doing something about. So, I will live with the planes, the sirens, and the crowds of people, and I doubt anyone will find me leaving the house on this day. But, each year the fear gets smaller and smaller, though I doubt I will step foot in the Pentagon ever ever ever again since that day 5 years ago.

Thinking about the children who were born after their fathers died, the wives and husbands who never got to say good bye, and anyone who lost a friend or loved one so suddenly makes me so sad. I hope all those who lost someone have come to a place of peace.

Sorry, for the depressing entry, but I wanted to remember everyone who died and suffered that day. And anyone out there that still has the residual fear is definetly not alone.

FY-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>