Monday, October 16, 2006

Mind Purge Volume 2 :)

Well I haven't been posting as much because I have just been buried in work. I wanted to make a couple of random comments in no particular order, so here’s Mind Purge Volume 2 :)

1. I am not anti-protester in general. In fact there was a lovely group of construction workers protesting the low wages (below industry level) that they are being paid. They were peacefully marching around a bunch of orange cones, people were still able to get by them on the street, and their shouts and screams were not belligerent. I don't know if yelling "Rat" at office workers (who are uninvolved in the situation) was the best use of their lungs but hey, to each their own. So, I too see the value in peaceful protesting.

2. RE: Anonymous comments. Really…what is the point of writing something, “Not only are you an ass, but you also seem to have a problem with the appropriate use of the comma. Ass.” What the hell does that add? No seriously, can you tell me? Do you think I will see your comment and think, “Oh wow this fucking pussy who wont even sign his own name to his own inane comments thinks I have poor grammar (I have a “job” so not might not have as much time to type out eloquent responses as you might have…), I am so ashamed, I should quit writing my blog/take an grammar class/cry myself to sleep? Get a grip. Do you realize how much of a moron you sound like to me? Life has to be pretty pathetic for you, and I am sorry for that.

A second genius decides to write, “Wow. So you're an ass AND a whore” What no period at the end of your sentence??? Scandalous, anonymous number 1 (the grammar king) is going to be mad. Oh wait… I bet you spineless morons stick together. Does it make you feel good to call me a whore? Does it make you less of that scared little boy whose mommy didn’t love him enough? Well in that case, I am definitely a huge whore. A big honking whore, on a whorrific whoring spree if you will. Feel better? I sure hope so :)

3. As for the 3rd anonymous…know that I WAS going to publish your comment, however you made mention of something I’d prefer not to have on my blog anymore, so you’ll forgive me if I edit you comment, but I will respond to your question regardless. Your comment was witty, you’re right you couldn’t have said that if you weren’t anonymous, but I wish you had!

“But I have been curious how you transitioned… to a tame domestic life”

Pretty easily, you see I was not really ever too wild. However, when something wild did happen I would write about it on the blog. I wasn’t going to write about sitting around cooking dinner with Mr. First Year (who is not my husband, we simply live in sin). But now that I have a semi-entertaining job I write more about that. However, I do go on less drinking adventures (and my days with drugs are over really before they started), and Mr. First IS aware of my past extra-relationship activities and is OK with them and we have moved on and are a lot happier.

4. WTF is up with my boss asking me for random reports throughout the day, and then when he gets them looking at the things like he has never seen something like that before? Please don’t act perplexed. I have even tried paper clipping your email asking for the report unto the report and you still seem confused, muttering, “Hmmm… this might be interesting to see….” I am at the point where I think I might just ignore your requests for numbers.

5. New assistant, I like you and you’ll like me eventually. Can you please be less nervous around me? While it is slightly endearing, I really AM 3 years younger then you, easy going, and not in the office half the time. Why don’t we go out for a drink….maybe that will loosen you up?

Thanks- FY :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4: A partner of mine does that. She'll ask for something like it's the most urgent thing in the world, and then when I give it to her, she needs reminding as to what it is.

#3 Looks like we have more in common than I realized.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Evil HR Lady said...

Finishing law school--

As an HR Professional, I have to officially advise against that. :>)

6:00 AM  
Blogger LawNut said...

LOL I like Finishing's comment! haaaa

6:54 AM  
Blogger Legal Bachelor said...

Mean anonymous posters are insecure transsexuals.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

(see I can do name-calling too)

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>