Friday, October 06, 2006

Workin It: Accountant Style

So today is a crappy day out, it’s raining, its dreary, it’s just overall yucky outside. So I was already a little cranky. Top this off with me forgetting my umbrella and having to run into DC to pick up some documents and, well as you can imagine I was not pleased. In fact I was wet and presumably scraggly looking.

Well, of course once one thing goes wrong most other things will usually follow. So, while gathering up the crack I needed to take with me I obviously had a pen in my mouth (I have quite the oral fixation) and being an accountant the pen was red. I go on minding my own business and mindlessly biting the pen, when it explodes all over my mouth, my face, my clothes, etc leaving me looking like a total wreck. I try as hard as I can to scrub the filthy red ink off of myself but to no avail. I decide that I am just going to get my crack and get the hell out of there.

I knew that my plan involved me running across a busy DC street in the pouring rain (in tiny little heeled shoes) with my makeup dripping off of my face, my hair hanging down in strings and red ink all over my face and clothes, but I decided to just go for it. I mean the alternative was what? Staying there and hiding?

So, I ride down the elevator thankfully alone, and I begin my graceless walk across the street and what do I hear? “Hey baby, looking real hot. Lovin the way you work it honey.” I look over, in disbelief that in my present state someone would cat call me. But there they were 4 large black men hanging out of the windows on an Escalade shouting and making obscene gestures at me.

So, I have to say to those four fine gentleman, thank you for making me aware that I still have “it” even with red ink all over my face, soaking wet, and generally exuding my less then sunny disposition. Apparently I was working it. Accountant style.

First Year-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some of my former students. Glad they're working, and also that you're working it.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two reactions to this post.

1. I have had a pen blow up in my mouth too. It looked like I had been drooling after eating a smurf.

2. I think I realized why I like reading your posts. You are a genuine and courageous young woman. I honestly don't know if I would've had the cojones to walk across the street like you did with everything ashambles and then post about it. Way to stick it out. You are an "it" girl in my book too.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>