Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Stating the Obvious

Recently I have been noticing that some customer service reps tend to say really stupid and obvious things to people. I don't know why this is, perhaps I have IDIOT written on my forehead, maybe they are used to encounter people who do not know the very basic facts of life. But below are a few examples.

1. Upon complaining that food shipped to me was delivered improperly, agent on the phone states, "Well I hate to tell you, but food is a perishable."

Whaaaaaat? Food is perishable? No way! So THATS why I have a fridge and freezer in my home, because it needs to stay cold. Wow, thanks for the tip!!!

2. Upon purchasing a shirt, "Since you'll only have one you must wash it if you get a stain on it or get it dirty so you can wear it again."

Wash clothes when they're dirty??? Lunacy! I have never, in my life heard of that. And all this time I have just gone on wearing shirts with stains on them because I didn't know what to do. Lucky for me, I bumped into you.

3. When comparing boxes of kitty litter, "Just so you know, the 15 pound box has a lot less litter then the 30 pound box."

Well, thank you for imparting that wisdom on me. And here I was thinking, why on earth would I pay more for the 30 pound box when I can just buy this 15 pound box and get the same amount of litter. You say those "pounds" that the box are described by denote how much litter is in each box? As if! Next you'll be telling me that those number attempt to tell me what the box weighs.

So, blogger-world friends, am I the only one submitted to these inane comments and helpful hints? Are the majority of people so moronic they dont know some foods need to stay cold, clothes should be washed when dirty before being worn again, and that 30 pounds of product is a greater amount then 15 pounds of it? Please tell me no. Or tell me I am not the only one. Or tell me to go back to kindergarden to learn life's missed lessons.


First Year :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil HR Lady said...

I don't seem to get helpful hints such as you described. I seem to find people who need those helpful hints.

Me (to store employee): Can you tell me where baby clothes are.

Employee: (in a huff) Why are you asking me that? Why should I know?

Ummm, because you work here?

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe there are a lot of people that are 1) moronic, and 2) litigious. These are the same people we have to thank for companies putting "Caution contents hot" warnings on coffee cups.

I was in the south of france a while ago, and I was able to walk aong the edge of a fortress that Louis XIV had built. On the other side of the edge was a 300 yard drop straight into the mediteranean ocean.

That would never happen here. No one would be allowed near the edge and there would be fences and signs with warnings clogging up the view b/c stupid people might fall off and sue.

The shirt thing cracks me up. "Since you'll only have one?" Who buys two of the same shirt and then doesn't wash EITHER ONE.

You're life is just full of humor, keep it coming!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

my personal favorite:
The beverage you are about to enjoy is hot.-coffee cup jacket.

well no shit. why doyou think I wanted a jacket!?

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>