Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What Part of "I Don't Care" Don't You Understand?

I am planning my wedding from many states away. I don't care about the details...in the end me and Mr. First Year will end up married, I have a busy job and a busy life and I simply do not have time to micro-manage things to the levels that many Brides seem to feel is necessary.

So, when my florist called me today to ask me some inane question about some stupid flower that I could care less about on my centerpieces, because he had woken up in the middle of the night thinking about I couldn't help but laugh. Listen...you are the professional, I told you what I wanted and liked....just do it. Don't ask me, just do. Please....Pretty please?

Likewise with the caterer who called me today all in a tizzy because the silver she was planning on using wasn't the exact stupid pattern I picked out however long ago. My questions... "I picked out silverware? Will there still be forks and knives to eat with" "yes? Well then I don't care". "Oh....it will have 3 'V's instead of one.....the horrors!!!!"

Honestly people...the wedding is in 9 days, literally.....leave me alone. Ask my mom, she cares so much more then I do. Or better yet, just don't tell me. I guarantee you that on the day I marry my sweetie the last thing I am going to be noticing is the exact type of flowers in my centerpieces, or the lines on the silverware you will be using. And really....I am sort of scared of the type of people who do care.

I just keep repeating to myself that it is almost over, its almost over, its almost over.

On some fun news....my work email was changed to reflect my new last name....how fun :)

5 Comments:

Blogger prettylawchick said...

Those planners probably love you--no Bridezilla!

:)

9:41 AM  
Blogger the default attorney said...

In their defense, they are probably used to people who would care about such inane details. As prettylawchick said, you are probably a breath of fresh air. Just say "I trust your judgment" and hang up.

You're changing your last name? Have we discussed this before?

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a week to go and I still haven't received my invitation.

9:47 AM  
Blogger LawSchoolBlogger said...

Does anybody care about that? I thought the whole point of the marriage ceremony was pretending to care. it's not that you don't care; it's that you don't have the time or energy to pretend to.

or maybe i'm wrong...i'm a guy...

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was it?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>