Monday, October 15, 2007

Missing An Essential Piece of Information

Dear City of Alexandria,

I understand that once and awhile you need to repave and repair your streets. Thats great, we all like a nice smooth pothole free street to drive down, well unlike you do a shitty job. However, when you close down a large stretch of a major connecting street and you put those nice little helpful detour signs up, you really ought to have an actual detour route.

I drive up Closed Street to get to work as usual and see that with no warning (so I cannot turn down one of the other connecting streets) that the road is closed, I can continue no longer. But alas, I think its OK....here is a detour sign pointing left, the only way we can turn with all the great one ways in this area. So I turn left and look for another sign pointing me to the detour. There is no sign. Instead I am now driving around a residential neighborhood with a line of other commuters filled with one way streets and seemingly no way to get back unto a connector street that does not invole the closed street. We cannot get back out unto the main road because the one ways make it impossible, We cannot get to a connector street because the residential streets are all dead ends or circles of some sort. So we all drive around in a comical circle until the first person in line decides to just cut through a large day care (yes, very safe for all those little kids being dropped off) center's grounds, drive over the grass, over a curb, and about 10 feet down a one way to finally get to freedom.

I of course followed him.....but really what else what I going to do? Continue to circle the neighborhood? Park my car where I am not allowed to and walk the 1.5 miles to work? Give up, park the car, roll over and die? No really....I am curious because you really could not have planned that worse if you had tried.

Love,

First Year-

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your baaaack!!!!!!


yea!!!!!

your buddy in SF :P

7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey First Year,


I've enjoyed your blog for a while (Google Reader!)...and recently started my blog with another 1L on the east coast. We added a link to your blog "as a blog we read" on our website... Could you do the same for us?

thank you!

c1L

http://fromeasttomidwest.blogspot.com/

10:26 AM  
Blogger LawSchoolBlogger said...

First Year for mayor!!!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>