Monday, March 03, 2008

Keep Your Filthy Cup To Yourself!

I managed to insult a McDonald's employee this morning, and while I can sympathize with their position, I am afraid I still don't feel as if I was "in the wrong".

Background: I drive to work in Tysons, there is a McD's between my home and the highway (the point of no return and no exit). sometimes I stop there before work for an ice coffee or a sweet tea. During the past I have been handing dripping cups, cups with the lids off, and so on. The final straw of course was the time I was given a cup, with an actually HOLE in it. I thought the thing was just dripping, but no.....after getting halfway to work it was clear all the liquid the cup once had was spilled all over my car and cupholder and myself.

So I have taken to inspecting the cups I get from there before taking them into my car. Not a long drawn out 55 point inspection, but just a glance to make sure there isn't a hole and the lid is on, is not broken, and that it is not overflowing all over the place.

So this morning, I ordered my sweet tea, I drove around and was handed a cut that was activitly dripping, from the top, where it was pretty managled.

Ms. Drive Tru Lady....can you LOOK at what you're handing me please? Would anyone want a dripping, sticky, dark colored beverage leaking from a cup on the way to work? No, no one would like that....so if you see it (and you must because you're holding it out to me) why not just fix it instead of hoping I will take it anyway and not bother wit arguing?

Well, I didn't just take it, I looked at it, looked at my nice clean light colored pants, and asks for it to be cleaned and a new cover placed on.

You sighing, dumping it in the garabage and starting over did not really impress me. I am not the pain here, if you'd not make a huge mess of the cup, I'd take it. I get a little drip or two....but there should not be so much beverage it leaks out of the poorly put on and partially damaged lid.

So thank you for making me a new one, and handing me a clean cup....but no thank you for snorting at me and rolling your eyes. You were actually the employee that handing me a cup with a HOLE in it, using a napkin to cover the hole, so I could not see it until it was waaaay too late. So excuse me if I don't exactly trust your beverage containment skills


Love,

First Year-

2 Comments:

Blogger the default attorney said...

Sometimes when I grab a cup of coffee at Peet's in the morning (when I don't bring my mug, I'm trying to be sort of environmentally friendly), the coffee comes spilling from under the lid on my hands as I walk (I take the train to work). I don't think the employees know though, and even when I inspect it I can't find out why this cup/lid combo leaks and others don't. There is nothing visibly wrong with it. Weird. It is however very irritating and has ruined a pair of gloves, so I feel for you. It sounds like your lady knows and has the "I don't get paid enough to give a shit" 'tude.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're an arrogant, rude little girl.
No wonder you couldn't get through law school.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>