Saturday, January 28, 2006

Did I really just hear/read that? Part 1

Everyday I run across things that I hear/read that make me wonder what the fuck is the matter with the person/organization/etc. Then I figured why would I keep these thoughts all to myself? So.... I present a series of fucked up things. Enjoy....or not :)

1. http://www.humaneborders.org. The people working at this non-profit seem to have missed a few steps in their reasoning process. This company helps illegal immigrants cross the American Border (they don't use the word help, but that is in fact what they are doing).

They say their goal is to decrease the number of *illegals* who die trying to cross the border. They decided the best way to accomplish this goal would be to publish detailed maps of the area around the US/Mexico border indicating where the water stations they have placed around the desert are located so that the illegals can get to the border safely.

Excuse me???? How the fuck is this legal? I thought helping in the commision of a crime (in this case aiding illegal border crossings) would not be OK. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to die in the desert, but I also don't want illegal immigrants in this country.

This organization doesn't think they are aiding to the illegals or encouraging border crossings. But they basically make a How-To manual. The leader of this amazing humanitarian groups says that by providing maps and water stations they are encouraging the illegal activity, simply making it safer because they are going to do it anyhow.

What kind of reasoning is this? They warn folks that border crossing is dangerous, but then they provide the means to make it safer. Couldn't this possibly encourage those that weren't crossing the border for fear or their safety to go ahead and cross? Am I missing something???

1 Comments:

Blogger Nut's mom said...

did you hear about the sneakers being made to cross too? they include a map, a flashlight and some other stuff. too bad they are super expensive!!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>