Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas

Its that time of the year again. Bring out the tacky garland and blast those christmas songs.....jesus' "birthday" (or a rip off of the winter solstice) is here!

Now.... I am not one of those joyless people who feeds of off the misery of others or anything like that, and I am not a grinch, nor am I one of those PC freaks who has a heart attack if someone tells me to have a Merry Christmas. I promise. But I can't help but think that christmas has gone too far. There is no way to avoid christmas, its in every store, on ever street light and corner, on every house, and on every sweater.

No where is safe. We can't go to the mall without running into santa, every store blasts the music, and the place is all dolled up in glitter (of the red, green and white variety).

You try the movies next and the only things playing are feel good family time, christmas, romance, crap. Jeez....you can barely find something rated R, much less something half interesting. Cheaper by the dozen TWO is none of those things, I hope it goes right to video.

So where is left? Sure there are the bars, but even some of them have lost their charm and were turned into tacky snowflakes and the such.

So I say: Fuck you Christmas..... I wish you were over sooner, New Years is a waaay better holiday.

On that note.... I wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and/or a Happy Festivus.

:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Well, Merry Christmas right back. Hopefully you can get a little more into the spirit!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>