Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Missed Connection: Reality

So.... on this, the day of my last final I have finally lost my grip with sanity. I never realized how much I enjoyed living in the "real world" and in "reality" until I began living in some of wacked out legal alternative universe. I realized I have been studying a little too much. I was driving to school this morning when I saw a little girl and a little boy playing in front of their house. The girl went to sit down on a lawn chair and the boy pulled it out from under her. Suddenly my mind raced to garret v. dailey (or whatever the fuck that case name is) and I began to fret. In an action against the boy the court would surely find that he was guilty of the intentional tort of battery. While he didn't mean to hurt her, surely he knew, with a reasonably degree of certainty that his actions would bring about the harm done to the little girl. Don't these parents teach their children anything?

Then cars started honking at me because I was stopped at a green light like an asshat. I snapped out of my torts inspired daydream, discontinued my frolic and continued on to school.

Which is where I am now, glaring at my torts book, the case notes book, my outline, the outlines of several friends, and that wretched barbri review book.

I would like to publically say: I hate you torts. if you were a legitimate being I would hurt you. And yes...that is an assualt and if given the oppourtunity I would turn it into a battery.

On an unrelated note, I forgot all my pencils at home, which sucks since I need them for my exam. Fuck....fuck fuck fuck.

:(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great post. I think it's the best one of yours that I've read.

It's coherent, and it tells a great little story, a fine vignette.

It captures very elegantly the single-mindedness that comes with lengthy concentration, and also shows well how deeply you have gotten into your schooling.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>