Thursday, March 09, 2006

Getting it Back Together

OK.... so I am really trying to drag myself out of this slump and really writing here does help, or at least it gives me a break.

So, of course I am behind in my reading, which wouldn't bother me so much if I also wasn't feeling so blah about school. I had been making no plans to cram or anything and was missing classes (sometimes when they don;t take attendance it can be a curse).

So... today I am going to do at least the Con Law reading for tonight, and go to class tonight and just not try to think about the large overwhelming picture. I'll use the motto of recovering addicts everywhere, take on day at a time. Because when I think about reading all the back readings, and all the things I need to do before finals it makes me a little panicky and unable to do anything.

Hell, maybe I will even "Brief" the cases for class tonight, something I have not done at all this semester :( Maybe less relaxing will happen over break and a lot more reading. Screw these papers stealing my time, soul, energy, and general motivation for school and life.

Wheeeew, it wasn't fun owning up to my problem, but seeing it in writing somehow makes it more managable.

First Year-

2 Comments:

Blogger Nut's mom said...

ahhhh behind on reading. so am i. but hten again, it wouldn't be grad school if I weren't. LOL

good luck!

2:14 PM  
Blogger The Subversive Librarian said...

Heard about your blog on Inter Alia. You're right where you should be. My advice, from experience -- don't be too hard on yourself, and try to hang around people who are enjoying law school (yes, there are some who aren't total geeks). That's what helped me get through. Remember, it's all a rite of passage.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>