Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Can't Help but Share Some Photos of my "Babies" :)


When the backyard was aquired by me it was so awful I didn't think anything was going to grow! I guess this resiliant rose bush liked the watering and feeding I have been giving the rest of the beds and bloomed right up!












This is one of the (many) sunflowers. I took this picture yesterday and its almost twice as tall today. I can't wait to see if it will actually grow to 16 feet :)










Lastly, Here are some flowers that are actually *blooming* and some strawberry plants. The first baby strawberry is forming on one of the plants. If anyone cares I posted a photo of it here.








OK... sorry had to share :) Its my very first attempt to grow something outside, and lets just say nothing I have ever tried to grow indoors has lived.

On a totally unrelated note.... the weather here has been wild... I had been counting on Law Nut to post some outfit of the day suggestions, but no luck yet ;) So, I hate weather.com they are not even sort of accurate, at all.

Oh yea.... and good luck with the studying :)

First Year-

2 Comments:

Blogger LawNut said...

I absolutely LOVE growing things in the garden! I myself have been obsessed with the flowers that keep popping up outside. I should take some pics of them too. I never thought I would be into the whole "green thumb" thing, but I've been pleasantly surprised!!

Ok here's an "outfit" suggestion for today (I can't have my fellow 1L suffering without anything to wear!)
Try a 3/4 length sleeved shirt with a light sweater, or, if you don't have a coordinating sweater, then a light jacket. Also, definitely jeans or pants of some sort, and no flip flops or crazily-open sandals. A sneak is best. There - you should be prepared for all the crazy weather that we're having here on the East Coast today!! :-)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Sansserif said...

Excellent growing! I have a backyard that's growing gradually out of control, and I've felt these strange urges to tend it. I've never felt like that before - do you think it's something that happens when women get older?? :)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>