Sunday, February 11, 2007

Getting Sappy.....

So...its close to Valentine's Day and we should be all romatic and lovely right? But its not always like that...sometimes theres a different good for each couple. Me and the Mr. have not had the best luck with this holiday. I have wanted this big romatic to do and he has failed to plan it. Then I get all dissapointed and sad, and then nothing works. But really..... all I want this is year is something heartfelt and sweet. Jewlry, candy, flowers, plush items they would all be nice, but I would give everything up for something heartfelt.

I would 100000% rather have the Mr. tell me that I mean everything to him and tell me all the things that made him fall in love with me and how much he loves me and how happy he is I am in his life then any present and any espensive dinner in a fancy place. I would treasure this moment more then any other, and no money could buy the feeling that my man telling me what I mean to him would.

So, if you've spent a few V-days together like me and the mister have.... Cook her a meal, light the candles, write a letter, and just tell her how much you love her. Because after the fancy jewelry and the nice meals, and whatever else....there is just you and her. Make sure she knows that you'd not want anyone other then her there. And no matter how much you think she should know that she's the only one for you...she needs to hear it, spoken from you.

So, tell your sweetie you love her. And if you don't have a sweetie.....well who the fuck cares, cause we all know we're fucking awsome, and we don't NEED someone....but if we do have someone they should make us realize we're the best and the most perfect someone for them......got that Mr. First Year?

:) First Year-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually bitter about V day this year. Go figure.

missed you in NY.... :(

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pretty much generally hate Valentine's Day, but this year I hate it a little less - apparently in Japan on Feb 14, women are supposed to give MEN chocolates! And then the men reciprocate on March 14th. Voila! No pressure, and I can give choclates to my guy friends indiscriminately! YAY.

It's really about the pressure, for me. And it all feels forced, like "I don't want you to feel like you're supposed to be doing anything, but if you dont do something I will probably be upset for no good reason." Ugh.

Hopefully you will get what you need. Write him a letter too!!! :)

3:04 AM  
Blogger josh said...

you weren't lying about the sappy part.

dominique and i try to plan something nontraditional for each valentine's day as neither of us really buys into the commercialized hype. i mean who was st. valentine anyway and why the hell should i care about him more than any other dead guy? i dont know, and i dont care to know. but hallmark shouldnt have anything to do with it.

this year, we're unfortunately separated by distance so we've arranged a "phone date" where we've reserved all of wed night for each other. work, school, and petty annoyances will all be forgotten for a few hours. i cant wait.

3:40 PM  
Blogger BabyBarista said...

Like the blog. I've added a link on my own which is a fictional diary of a pupil barrister in England. Cross links much appreciated though no worries if not. Best wishes, BabyBarista

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>