Monday, December 18, 2006

I am Such a Dork!

I think I may be a total dork. But this morning I FINALLY finished choicing my final schedule for next semester. No more switching allowed for me. And get this…. I am actually *excited* about going back! That was definetly surprising. Its not that I hated law school, and though I did at some points its not the reason I took a semester off. I just didn’t think I’d get all excited about coming back.

Since an commentator asked me why I whined so much and wished I would post more positive posts, I figured this could be a good spot to start that, because really I do have a lot of good in my life to be happy about, its just the bad or frustrating events that stick out in my mind. So thanks to that commentator, I appreciate the little push!

But, back to the point. I am going back to law school!!!!! Back to the library, back the outlining, back to the pages of reading, back to the Socratic method. Yes back to it all!!! And I don’t dread it, I don’t wish it was later, I am glad its NOW.

This summer, when I made the decision to skip a semester I was not ready to go back to school at all. Mr. First year was sort of in ill health, my job was a ton less steady, my condo was in ruins because of the flooding and we were sleeping in our living room. Everything was just a mess. Its amazing how things have really gotten so much better in the past 5-6 months.

I know I am going to eat these words sometime around finals next time around, but I can’t wait to add law school back into my life. I am ready, my mind is in the right place, I miss my friends, I miss the mental stimulation, and I really miss further my actual career goals.

Not much will change, except I will need to leave work a little later and become a lot more dependant on my PDA. I bet I will also have law school related banter like the good old days :)

Go ahead call me a geek :)

First Year-

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have learned to embrace my inner geek. I think you should too.

Glad to hear things are falling back into place!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, from one geek to another (because it's hip to be square!!), congrats - I'm so happy you're heading back. Let me know if you ever need help/outlines/whatever!! :-)

4:28 PM  
Blogger josh said...

congrats...but you're definitely going to eat these words.

ugh, law school.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A "commentator asked me why I whined so much and wished I would post more positive posts..."

Generally stories without conflict are pretty boring. At least, that's what this Screenplay book that I'm reading says!

Congrats on going back.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Jed Sorokin-Altmann said...

E-mail on route, but I figured I'd also say here: welcome back! :) (Ignore the chants of "One of us!" going on in the background.....) ;)

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geek.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm new to your blog, so I don't know the details, but I am glad you are going back to law school. I got my JD 3 years ago and I still remember how tough it can be-- especially during the first three semesters or so. Good luck with planning your semester!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey did you know that I found your blog on google... I googled something hilarious, and your blog came up!!! Dont ask what.. im sure you know. Anyway... Guess who!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>