Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Business Professional Blues

Well... First Year is starting a new job. Which means the ending of my work from home crappy ass job and the start of working with the general counsel for a corporation. I am so excited about the job, it pays much better, its law related.... and its NOT in DC!!!! thats right... yet again I have managed to avert the suductive lure of the city.

It is however in Tyson's Corner.... which is not exactly rural, but hey... there will be a place for me to park my car so I am pleased. The only thing that sucks (and someone will make fun of me for saying this sucks, since I am in law school and all) but while the rest of the huge company must dress in office casual the legal department is stuck in 3-piece suits all day everyday. Which means I will be going to class in a suit every night ;(

However, I do look pretty hot in formal wear so..... I guess I can't whine too much, plus it will give me the perfect reason to go shopping, and I will be vey convenient to the mall ;)

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start. Good luck studying for finals ;)

FY-

2 Comments:

Blogger LawNut said...

I have to share your blues about the suit thing. While my summer job doesn't require that I wear a suit, they do require that I dress in business casual. One would think this wouldn't be a big problem for me, considering I wore business casual every day for four years in Cubicle Hell; but somehow, after a full year of scrubbing it up in jeans and sneakers, the thought of donning decent clothes makes me shudder; and not just that, but like you said, going to CLASS at night in said decent clothes - sucks! I'm contemplating starting a grassroots firm when I graduate where all attorneys can wear jeans and flip flops - want in? ;-)

8:39 AM  
Blogger josh said...

its all perspective. people from nova who live around tysons will sometimes claim dc. it bothers me when people tell me they're from nova. i'm originally from new england. when i ask where you're from i want a town. dont say nova. nova is not a town, or even a legitimately recognized area. where am i from? the united states.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>