Friday, March 16, 2007

Tourist Stupidity

So.... I was watching one of those Judy Judy type court shows (Judge Alex perhaps...) and I have watched a lot of these shows and this is by far one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of suing someone over.

Plaintiffs: Older couple who wanted to go vacation in a less popular destination spot (as in not Cancun or one of the hot spots, it was on the other coast) in Mexico and contract a travel agency.

Defendent: Travel agency that booked their trip.

So, basically Dumb Couple ("DC") wanted their money back for their entire vacation because the resort wasn't what they were expecting and they were not satisified. Their biggest complaint.... That the food in the buffet was labelled in Spanish (in Mexico, in a non-tourist town, who would have known?) and that less then 5% of the people spoke English and they couldn't just talk to whoever they needed for help.

Hello....did I hear that right....you were upset because not enough people in a foriegn country spoke English? Your vacation was "ruined" because you could not read the exact names of the foods in the buffet???? You're on vacation for fucks sake. Try something different! Try to read the spanish words and figure it out from there. Take a tiny bit and try it, take more if you like it, throw it away if you hate it, because....its.....a....buffet!!!! Or if you thought your vacation through ahead of time perhaps you could have brushed up on commonly used spanish phrases or even brought a little dictionary with you. I mean really... I don't know what broccoli is in spanish but if I were looking at a broccoli with spanish wording above it, I would still know what it is.

But no.... you wont be happy unless people are speaking to you in english, not just some people there for the purpose but any and all people you might bestow the gift of your annoying questions on. If you cannot find out the exact name of the dish, without having to actually look at it, consider its smell, and see if some of the spanish words are similar to english, then I guess you cannot eat? What in the hell is wrong with you people???? You should not be allowed to travel unsupervised.

The funniest thing is these people wanted to retire to live in that area of Mexico. Try to wrap your mind around how they would deal with that.

First Year :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Susie Law School said...

Please tell me they lost...?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Sometimes I wish I could pretend I was not from earth with all the stupidity around us!

3:32 PM  
Blogger the default attorney said...

I'm proud to be an American, because at least I know I'm free (to be a jackass abroad).

8:53 PM  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

As Don King would say "Only In America, baby!"

10:49 PM  
Blogger sunchaser said...

This doesn't surprise me at all based on my own international travelling experience.

Why can't people just buy a friggin' dictionary before they go to a foreign country?! (yes it pisses me off too)

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>