Monday, April 09, 2007

Law School is BLAH

I know I haven't been posting about school too much this semester, and I recently realized why. This semester is so boring. One of my classes is of completely no interest to me and the other is a very basic review of something I have long ago learned and currently use in my working life.

So I do the reading, take the notes, make my outline, and really not much else. I am not involved with school or any activities there at all, I am not going to the law school prom and I am so busy and preoccupied with all things non-law school related that I just don't have any stories there.

My classmates have gone from amusing and full of stories to equally as disinterested with the process. So many of the people in my night time classes just go to work, go to class, and go home.... not doing much else with school.

Every week my email box fills up with panels and fellowships and whatever else and I just delete it all, or mark it as spam.

I don't think its that I don't want to be a lawyer. I think its just these classes. Maybe everyone else has been there at one point or another.

First Year-

6 Comments:

Blogger PT-LawMom said...

Take heart, the semester is almost over, right? :) Hopefully the summer or fall curriculum will be more stimulating.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Law-Rah said...

"Maybe everyone else has been there at one point or another."

Yep, been there since my first semester of second year.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my 1L year, I just hated law school and seriously questioned why I was there. In my 2L year, I started working for an attorney 20 hours a week, and realized I loved the practice of law.

But I still hate law school itself.

4:10 AM  
Blogger LawNut said...

I can completely see where you're coming from; but maybe try and do one or two law-school related things - because it really is only three years, and it will be gone before you know it, and there might be opportunities there to do something you might enjoy that will not come up again. :-) How's the wedding planning going???

7:36 PM  
Blogger Scotch and Sandwiches said...

This is an idea you've probably heard before, but here it is anyway: booze. I've found that going to class halfway between barely tipsy and slobbering drunk makes even the dullest subjects amusing. It makes class more amusing for classmates, too, who start wondering why you keep snickering every time the prof says, "Justice Frankfurter."

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where you at chica?! I hope exams and everything are going well.


Give us a wedding update at least!! :-)
I've been thinking of you!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
/body>